APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 9:00 A.M.
Deadline to apply:
Applications can be submitted beginning October 21, 2013 at 9 a.m. until November 8, 2013 12 p.m. (Noon).
The requirements for the scholarship are:
- Students must be a Florida resident. A copy of a Florida driver license or Florida state ID must be provided.
- Students must be attending an accredited Florida educational institute that offers majors with concentrations in real estate studies. Degrees must be at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Students must be officially enrolled in and pursuing a degree with a concentration in real estate studies. Minors in real estate or certificates in real estate are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must be currently enrolled in real estate courses with a degree with a concentration in real estate studies OR enrolled in a real estate course(s) in a forth coming semester, again with a degree with a concentration in real estate studies.
- Undergraduate students must maintain an overall grade average of a “C” (grade point average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher. And students at the graduate level must maintain an overall grade average of a “B” (grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher. School transcripts must be provided.
- The types of degrees/programs that are not eligible for the scholarship include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minors in real estate
- Certificates in real estate
- Ph.D in Business Administration- Finance and Real Estate
- Only online applications submitted through Fluid Review will be accepted. Required supporting documents (driver license, state ID, official transcripts and proof of enrollment in real estate related courses) must be submitted online through Fluid Review only.
- Selected undergraduate students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,500. Selected graduate students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,500.
- For purposes of this scholarship, students enrolled in bachelor/master combination programs will be considered to be undergraduate students, and are only under consideration for undergraduate scholarships in the amount of $1,500.
- Graduate students who are enrolled in their first semester of their graduate program who are only able to provide undergraduate transcripts are eligible for a scholarship in the amount of $1,500, provided that the overall undergraduate GPA is 2.0 or above.
- Unofficial transcripts showing your overall GPA are acceptable to complete your scholarship application by November 8, 2013. However, if you are selected as a scholarship recipient, the scholarship will be made contingent upon approval by the State. The State does require that official transcripts be provided before scholarships will be awarded. If you have submitted your application with an unofficial transcript you are still under consideration for the scholarship. However, it is recommended that you order your official transcript in a timely manner to allow sufficient time for the school to process this request. Also, having your official transcripts readily available once you are notified that you have been selected to receive the scholarship will allow your scholarship to be processed timely. Not having your official transcripts readily available could result in a delay of the scholarship funds being disbursed to your school. The school transcript provided with your application by November 8, 2013 (can be official or unofficial transcript) will be used to determine the amount of scholarship you are eligible for.
- Students selected to receive scholarship funds will be notified via email. The scholarship is contingent on availability of funds from the State and approval of the scholarship winners by the State. No scholarship funds will be awarded until the State approves of the students selected to receive scholarships.
- Scholarship funds are being awarded for the Spring 2014 semester.
QUESTIONS ON APPLICATION? FRECscholarship@floridarealtors.org
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.