Please click to view frequently asked questions and answers: Spring 2016 FAQ
Please click to view the application checklist: Application Checklist Spring 2016
APPLICATIONS will be accepted starting September 21, 2015 until November 2, 2015 (noon).
Deadline to apply:
Applications can be submitted beginning September 21, 2015, The deadline is November 2, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon).
The requirements for the scholarship are:
- Students must be a Florida resident. Please see frequently asked questions and answers for definition of a "Florida resident".
- Students must be attending an accredited Florida educational institute that offers majors with concentrations in real estate studies. Degrees must be at the undergraduate or graduate level. Degrees must be at the bachelors level or higher.
- Students must be officially enrolled in and pursuing a degree with a concentration in real estate studies. Minors in real estate or certificates in real estate are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must be currently enrolled in real estate courses with a degree with a concentration in real estate studies OR enrolled in a real estate course(s) in a forth coming semester, again with a degree with a concentration in real estate studies.
- Undergraduate students must maintain an overall grade average of a “C” (grade point average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher. And students at the graduate level must maintain an overall grade average of a “B” (grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher. School transcripts must be provided.
- The types of degrees/programs that are not eligible for the scholarship include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minors in real estate
- Certificates in real estate
- Ph.D in Business Administration- Finance and Real Estate
- Associate degrees
- Only online applications submitted through Fluid Review will be accepted. Required supporting documents (proof of enrollment in real estate related courses and proof of Florida residency) must be submitted online through Fluid Review only.
- Selected undergraduate students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,500. Selected graduate students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,500.
- For purposes of this scholarship, students enrolled in bachelor/master combination programs will be considered to be undergraduate students, and are only under consideration for undergraduate scholarships in the amount of $1,500.
- Students enrolled in the first semester of the graduate program or students who will begin the graduate program in Spring 2016, must provide official undergraduate transcripts and will be considered only for a scholarship in the amount of $1,500.
- Students selected to receive scholarship funds will be notified via email.
- Official school transcripts must be mailed directly from your college/university. The scholarship is contingent on availability of funds from the State and approval of the scholarship winners by the State. No scholarship funds will be awarded until the State approves of the students selected to receive scholarships.
- Scholarship funds are being awarded for the Spring 2016 semester.
QUESTIONS ON APPLICATION? FRECscholarship@floridarealtors.org